• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Sc-500 Need help!!!

Authentic2878

I picked up a Roland Sc-500 that was converted to Eco Solvent. I can't get magneta and black to print, long story short.

It has new heads
Yellow and CYAN work
Dampers and lines are full of ink

When I disconnted the hose from the end of the pump line and suck on it I can only get Cyan and Yellow also. I believe that it might be the cap tops, but not sure. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Ragnabrok

my old nemesis....

most of my issues on these were the pumps being eaten by the eco-sol max when it came out. each side of the cap connects to one head, and to one half of the pump. the cap is fixed in place, so not much to adjust as far as alignment go, aside from the heads not docking all the way when cleaning.

try taking the pump out of the equation, and hook a syringe up to the cap. pull that and see if you get ink and a decent vacuum, or a hiss of air being pulled in.