• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SC 500 Problems...PLEASE HELP!

mudmedia

Does anyone own or has owned a Roland SC 500...I have a lot of questions. I purchased one to do all our late model stock car personal stuff and am having a bunch of issues with it...I added heaters to it and built a room that stays about 70-75 degrees..But the prints are still coming out bad...I dont know if there are parts in the machine bad or not..I have replaced both print heads...

Im located in Northern Ca..Im trying to find someone that has the machine or is knowledgeable with it to help. I cannot find any roland reps. that are near by...I did contact one and said they were not trained on this machine???

I have just been testing prints on Orajet 3165RA.... The heaters are about 110-120 degrees...I get not so much banding anymore as just like fiber wholes like the ink isnt spreading...

If anyone is familiar or has any advice..Please send me a pm with your phone number or any help. I would really like to call and talk to someone 1 on 1...

I am fairly new to this site and love the site and will become a premium member here within the next week..Thanks guys for your time.

Thanks
Josh

Your printer was designed to use the old EcoSol ink - slower drying - the EcoSol Max doesn't work well with your printer, but you can get acceptable prints. Are you printing from ColorRipi? It is possible to upgrade to VersaWorks for your printer. What profile are you using? You replaced the heads?? Do you know HOW to do this, align the heads, and enter the information into the printer? The heads could be WAY off and be most of your issue(s)! What does the test print look like? Have you done a feed calibration? Is the encoder strip clean, and have you successfully performed an environmental match? I'm not in your area, but you can give me a call if you need some help.

mudmedia

Your printer was designed to use the old EcoSol ink - slower drying - the EcoSol Max doesn't work well with your printer, but you can get acceptable prints. Are you printing from ColorRipi? It is possible to upgrade to VersaWorks for your printer. What profile are you using? You replaced the heads?? Do you know HOW to do this, align the heads, and enter the information into the printer? The heads could be WAY off and be most of your issue(s)! What does the test print look like? Have you done a feed calibration? Is the encoder strip clean, and have you successfully performed an environmental match? I'm not in your area, but you can give me a call if you need some help.

- So am i better down grading to the eco sol ink instead of the max? ...

- I was printing from production manager off of flexi 7.5 but lately have been using color rip...I am not sure if versa works is available for the SC 500? I hear it is not...

- Color profiles..Is something Im lost in...I have not been able to find a good color profile for my printer..So i use the standard with color correction checked...

- My father replaced the heads..After he replaced the heads the test prints came out good all lines are filled...Now head alignment and entering information in on service mode im not sure about i do not believe we did that...Can you help?

-How do i clean the encoder strip or know if its bad? Feed calabration I have not done I will look into that tonight...Also Head aligning Im not sure about that is there a good way of doing that?

I would love to talk to you or have my dad talked to you he replaced most the parts...I just basically manage the computer and printer settings...I can only get decent prints out of PHOTO settings which then looks like too much ink is being printed....

If you could PM me your number or I PM you mine..I would love to get some help. Its hard to find good help on the older machines...We are just trying to get it to print before racing time comes for our car..

Thanks
Josh

PS..I will give dave a call as well

BANNERS2GO

DOWNLOAD THE SERVICE MANUAL AND READ THROUGH IT ABOUT ALL THE MAITENANCE ADJUSTMENTS (DAILY WEEKLY) THAT NEED TO BE DONE. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT HERE http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=41380 YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD ALL 3 PARTS BEFORE YOU UNZIP IT.
WE HAVE THE SC-540 AND HAVE BEEN USING MAX INKS FOR ABOUT 3-4 YEARS. THERE WAS A FIRMWARE UPGRADE WE HAD TO DO FOR THE INKS. NOT SURE ABOUT THE SC-500 THOUGH. GOOD LUCK

BANNERS2GO

For the encoder strip we use a lint free cloth. Something very soft that is clean and doesn't have any soaps or detergents in it. Wipe it softly across the whole thing. We have also flipped ours upside down when it got too bad and have only replaced it once in the last 8 years. You can also use a can of air to blow around the encoder reader to blow out any dust.

mudmedia

DOWNLOAD THE SERVICE MANUAL AND READ THROUGH IT ABOUT ALL THE MAITENANCE ADJUSTMENTS (DAILY WEEKLY) THAT NEED TO BE DONE. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT HERE http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=41380 YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD ALL 3 PARTS BEFORE YOU UNZIP IT.
WE HAVE THE SC-540 AND HAVE BEEN USING MAX INKS FOR ABOUT 3-4 YEARS. THERE WAS A FIRMWARE UPGRADE WE HAD TO DO FOR THE INKS. NOT SURE ABOUT THE SC-500 THOUGH. GOOD LUCK

Thank you...not sure about the firmware I am on when i fire the machine up it says Ver. 4.4.0? The manual that came with the machine just mentions about the medium head clean daily but I will double check it.

Thanks
Josh

mudmedia

Just called dave got his answering machine im sure they are closed...Cant wait to hear back... Hopefully he has some things to try...

The old EcoSol is nolonger available. Flexi 7.5 dumps quite a lot of ink on the prints, but Flexi has profiles for the Roland Printers (not sure about the SC540). If you did not align the heads this is a lot of your problem(s) with quality. Yes, download the service manual and follow the directions to a T. Best to bite the bullet and have a Roland tech come out to do a full service and alignment.... he can answer your questions and help with the quality issues. Versaworks is available for your printer...$$$ but may not be justified. I'll PM you with my number....Good luck! Sam

mudmedia

Thanks...The way if im right..its kind of hard to understand is when aligning the heads it gives you like a scale and you have to see what number horizontaly it falls off the scale at? Anyone with this machine experience may be able to explain a little bit more clearer then the manual...Is there a spot on versaworks website where its available for my machine..I think that would be my first big investment...Where can i find color profiles for the sc500...I have not been able to find any anywhere...

Thanks
Josh

mudmedia

Plus if anyone knows a roland tech. or someone who can help my problem in the northern california area...I would love to give them a call...

JAY1967

roland sc-500

How can I upgrade from colorchoice to versaworks using this printer, is it possible and how?

Thanks Jay

sfr table hockey

How can I upgrade from colorchoice to versaworks using this printer, is it possible and how?

Thanks Jay

You should have started a new thread as this one was from the dead in 2009.
But to answer your question..... No you can't run a SC 500 or CJ 500 with versaworks. You can use Flexi and Wasach (not sure of spelling). Also you can use Illustrator to print from and cut as long as you have Colorchoice installed and setup right. Illustrator still uses the settings from Colorchoice but you can just hit print out of Illustrator and it works.

Fusion Graphics

hey mud media I have a sc500 prints perfectly eco sol max ink with heaters you need flexi sign pro 8.1 also download one of the last SCeco profiles roland made for this machine from memory its gcvp or similar also print on photo setting also run some calibartions and bidirection tests and adjust if needs be you should be able to get a great result from this machine I do