• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland sc-540 and eleventen ink

jscilla

Was wondering if anyone that uses this model of roland has tried using eco-sol ink from ElevenTen Color...recently we were forced to switch our ink due to a threat of no emergency tech service. Has anyone tried this ink? It seems to be giving us nothing but problems...colors arent right at all. I was told there would be no reason to switch any ICC profiles, but it appears Ive been lied to.

WDP

Actually we use it all day in our xc-540 with no problems. We did notice when we used it in our SC-545 we had to every so often put one ECO MAX Roland ink in with a second of 1110. heead clean to mix, to run with it as to mix the ink. Sometimes the nozzles wouldn'y fire. Also 1110 ink in the SC-545 usually gave us a problem on Monday after the machine sat for 2-3 days without use. NEVER shut your machine off.

jscilla

Im having a problem with the nozzles on the yellow head, The whole right side to be specific. Is there anything I can do to get them to fire? I believe we are up there on on the nozzle fire count for that particular head, but I would rather not purchase a new one.

We also seem to be having a problem with air getting into the line somewhere after the damper, which we just replaced about a week ago.

What ICC profiles do you use for the 11-10 ink?

WDP

all profiles are the same, non different. You may have a blocked line under capping station.. It happened to me.

synergy_jim

try wiggling the print head back and forth as its running a clean cycle. You may not have a tight seal on the capping station.

JD

jscilla

Already tried that, the seal seems fine....everyone here seems to think its the head since its pretty old. so we are going to try that out and see if that works.

tomx1138

I just went through my free round of 11/10 inks in my sp300 and I'm not impressed, I think I lost some punch. Sorry to say my experience in this industry is that the salesmen tend to over exaggerate there claims for the sale then back pedal and blame everything else after the sale. In this day and age nothing gets better for less money, Unfortunately I fall for it every time. Hopefully being part of signs 101 will help me heal from all the sodomy. I plan on going back to the max inks