• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland sc-540 ex feed problem (mediashift)

GorillaPrinter

Hi everyone thank you for taking the time to read this. I am having an issue with my Roland sc540 ex. When I print a banner about three feet into the print the banner will shift. I am making sure to feed the media straight, I have ran the material taut and also loosened throughout the print I am using 10 and 13 oz vinyl banner gloss and matte. My Roland tech thought I was misfeeding but when he tried it did the same thing. Not sure what else to check but any ideas are much appreciated.

Ragnabrok

Banner is a tricky deal sometimes. As Salmoneye said, the inserts or flanges can help, as long as they are braced by the locks on the rollers.

as the SC-540 ex is an older model, the pinch roller wheels themselves can be hardened or warped, or the pinch roller springs are fatigued. the grit rollers (what the pinch rollers run on top of) could be packed with crud too. the should feel quite raspy like a cat's tongue.

Also, on banner, you want to use as many pinch rollers as possible, to get a firm grip. Prefeeding the roll when it's full or mostly full can help keep it straight too.

CS-SignSupply

You may also want to check the linkage that connects the pinch roller lever to make sure it is taught... Ran into this once where the linkage on an SP-540 needed to be tightened up to resolve a huge skewing problem with print/cut jobs.

GorillaPrinter

Good ideas

Thanks for all the ideas I just got to the shop so I'm going to be doing some troubleshooting all day, well hopefully not all day.