• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SC 540 EX Print Set "C" just stopped printing

PMac

Hello Roland people. I don't know what has happened or what to do. My Roland SC 540 EX just stopped printing Light Magenta and Light Cyan (Set C). I tried flushing out the heads with cleaning fluid through the little tubes on top where the dampers connect. Then once they were capped again, I pulled ink back through using a syringe like I always do when I change out dampers, to make sure there is no air in the lines. And they just won't print! Ugh!
It's very unusual that BOTH stopped printing at once. Don't you think? And I KNOW there is ink in the heads because it's coming into the syringe.
Is there a fuse that may have blown??? What could it be??

PMac

Where are the fuses located? I pulled the back panel off where all of the boards are and it's not like a panel of fuses in a car. I'm lost.

Jack Knight1979

Use the search function on this site. There are several threads on this topic. Automobiles use blade fuses. Roland's use a fuse that is soldered onto the board. The fuses are small white rectangles. You need a multi-meter to check them. They do not have a visible filament.

PMac

Sounds very technical. I've been advised to perform a head wash/cleaning first with cleaning cartridges since I've never done it in the 6 months I've had the machine. I should get them tomorrow. I can barely pull ink through the heads so my buddy thinks the lines are clogged. But I think it's weird that neither my light cyan or light Magenta (group c) are working. Not a single dot on the test prints on either head.