• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Sc 540 print head issue

Bscoggins

anyone have experience solving this problem? half the printhead not working 6 color machine..
IMG_4891.jpg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Normally when one channel drops like that it's going to be an ink flow issues such as a bad damper, broken manifold, or air getting in the system through a leak. The fact that there are two full channels missing tells me this is electronic though. My best guess is a damaged head board. Most likely a blow transistor. If you feel like troubleshooting to be sure, do a data swap. Take the cables from the A group heads and plug them into the B group heads and vice versa. You're only taking the cable out of the head, not the slider board. This makes the A group data go to the B group heads. If the problem moves to the new colors, it's almost guaranteed to be the head board. If the problem stays in the same colors, its more likely a bad head or ink flow issue.

Bscoggins

Definitely not the head board.. I have an old parts machine and swapped them.. Same thing,,, put an old damper on ,, same thing...
I swapped the data cables and it blew one of the micro fuses which took the entire B group out. Replaced the fuse (delicate surgery) and got it back to the picture I supplied.. both the B and C groups did not go to half print simultaneously which makes me think the problems are similar but not caused by one issue..

Where on the machine is the manifold? I am unfmiliar with that terminology.. I will inspect it as well as trying to prime the lines!

Thoughts? any suggestions much appreciated..

Thanks

tshirtgrafx

I have the same problem but there are 3 print heads that are not printing. The black was printing but stopped. I have pulled the ink from the dampers, replaced the manifolds that were broken and was able to pull the ink from the tubes above the three pumps. I went as far as removing the printhead and pushing the solvent cleaner through the print head to make sure they were not clogged, which they weren't. Please help im on the verge of just buying 3 new print heads which i really dont want to do.

Simon kaye

Whats the shot count on the heads always a start point on before thinking about buying pricey heads. Im a enginner mainly on mimakis but they share the same heads as most rolands and give strange issues when over life. Do you also have ffc cables on them or data cable