• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SC-540 - Print heads pattern problem

SignJose

Hello! We have an interesting situation with our printheads and this might have been answered somewhere in these forum. I saw already a similar problem but not exactly the same and wonder if anyone has experienced this exact situation.

The Cyan, Magenta and Light-Cyan printheads are creating 2 blank stripes, surprisingly equidistant to be just a clogged print nozzles. They have been cleaned, soaked and the whole enchilada. I suspect a faulty cable or motherboard issue. Co-worker insists it is clogged nozzles. Anyone here has had the same problem?

Comments appreciated!

Attachments

• printer pattern.jpg
    printer pattern.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 250

niksagkram

those heads look TRASHED

headsoak overnight, see if it helps

I agree..... the whole print test looks bad. Don't think a head soak will fix that. Invest in some new heads if possible. We replaced the heads in our SC-540 4 years ago, and it's still going strong, even with third-party inks. :smile:

DravidDavid

Yea dude...Those heads are stuffed.

Try a head soak for 24 or 48 hours and see if that helps. Swab the heads manually (You've got nothing to lose) and perhaps a flush. This looks like the result of several severe head strikes though.

If you are going to replace the heads, buy one and replace one. If the problem continues with the new head, at least you didn't buy three others to replace perfectly good heads or spend time ripping all three heads out of the machine. I doubt these are perfectly good heads that just need some TLC though.

woolly

I have the same machine to check first
are the pumps and cap tops really doing their job correctly
the deflection in black and yellow is bad saying that may be the case
are the heads rubbing the spit sponge which they shouldn't causing the mixed colours
generally it looks a real mess you could move the heads around to prove before spending big money rank no should be changed as you do. Not for the faint hearted.

TheHemi

Wow.

If your dead set on not getting a new head installed you can go ahead and let it soak. It "might" help a "tiny" bit. However i am 99% sure your going to need a new head

Robert M

those heads

If you can't get them cleaned up, I have new ones in stock at www.solventinkjet.com. We are factory trained and can supply tech support as well as manuals.
Give a call first if you would like to discuss, 800-328-1306