• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SC 540

airborneassault

Hey Guys and Gals,
The sign shop I work at is looking into buying an SC 540 we found pretty locally. They are asking 8,500 for it and they used it primarily for fine art prints. My main question is that the machine is set up on Bulldog bulk ink system, now is this something I want to keep and run with to do vehicle wraps, banners, and other misc. printed vinyl? The other SC 540 I managed ran directly off the roland cartridges. Now if this isn't a desirable setup, my next question is how much will it cost to switch back to the cartridges and is it worth it? Thanks so much!
-Nate

ChicagoGraphics

I dont have a Roland, but to answer your question to changed back to OEM ink carts, just remove the bulk system and what ever the Roland ink cost you is what it would cost to change over. You will also want to buy some cleaning carts to get the other ink out of the lines.

signage

I will also add that you want to get the ink out of the head also! Some inks will not mix (chemically Compatible) and could damage the head itself!

Robert M

Bull Dog

Bull dog was at one time selling for triangle so you may be able to keep it as is, but they also sold a bulk system for their water based fine art machines. We have changed water to solvent but it is expensive. i'm in colorado and we service roland printers, give me a call
Robert
303-733-6671

airborneassault

sittinglow- can I ask why you wouldn't do it?
I'm going to have to get ahold of the seller again and see, for some reason i want to say he told me it was converted to aqeuous inks in which case i'm not sure i want to bother with it. I appreciate everyones advice a ton and Robert I will be giving you a call, my name is Nathan. Thanks again guys!
-Nathan

CarNate69

You could be opening a HUGE can of worms to try to convert that printer back to something that runs like an OEM one, especially if you are dealing with ink converting...

Huge as in, replacing all of the parts that the ink has touched.