• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SC-545 EX can't print crop marks message with Flexi and VersaWorks

allicatgraphics

Hi Everyone. I am hoping someone can help me out with this issue. I have a 545EX that I am running both Flexi and Versaworks and I am experiencing a similiar issue with each. In Flexi the page size shows approximately 53.2 so I perform a get page size and the printer reponds with 51.2. I in production manager select Print Only and use the roland crop marks so I can laminate then cut it. I select the number of copies and then "print". At this point a message is displayed on the printer saying that it can't print crop marks and do i want to continue? I have a Versacamm SP-300 and this has happened in the past but only when i don't do a get page size. Has anyone experienced this or can you help me correct it? thanks!

Baz

Issue i had with my old SC-500 is that i had to offset my origin point at least 5/8" away from the pinch roller to allow the printer to print the crop marks.

Might be what you need to do.

Superior7

Anytime I have this issue with our Roland SC-540 (Versaworks) it is because the size of the graphic combined with the number of copies I select runs too wide on the page; not allowing enough room to print the crop marks. I will usually manually shuffle around the copies at one end or play around with the spacing between copies. Or you can always manually set up your copies in whatever program your artwork is coming from (Corel, Flexi etc.) so that they never go past a specific page width. Eg: if using 54" material set your copies so they never go past say 50", allowing the extra room needed for the crop marks. A few extra steps but eliminates frustration! :)

niksagkram

One thing I have encountered in the past is selecting the wrong profile, such as the profile for photo paper. Just a thought. :)

Mark