Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland SC-545EX pricing question

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Print & Cut Systems' started by Sam Wade, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Sam Wade

Sam Wade New Member

Sep 11, 2020
    Titusville Florida
    A local company here has a Roland 545x that will cut it won't print. They say it needs new printheads and they don't want to throw any more money into it. He wants it sold what would be a fair price for that piece of equipment?

Tags:
  2. balstestrat

balstestrat Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Europe
    Double check that model because such doesn't exist.

I wouldn't pay anything. Case of beer and haul it away from using space?

3. Jim Hancock

Jim Hancock Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Apparently you are not familiar with the Roland printer line. That model was a very popular printer and a workhorse machine. Please check your information before posting to insure you are not accidentally misleading someone.

As far a good price, I would do a web search for that model being for sale and subtract at least $4000 for parts and service to get it running.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  4. balstestrat

balstestrat Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Europe
    Well excuse me, OP had it wrong in the text and Google returned with null results on "Roland 545x".

5. Jim Hancock

Jim Hancock Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Delray Beach, Florida
    That would make sense, but the title had it correct. My point being there is a lot of info thrown around by various posters who don't do their research and make sure what they are posting is accurate. I have seen answers that would actually cause more issues. As people who ask for help are hoping to get correct advice, it's vital to be accurate.
    Being a technical engineer is my profession and I take it very seriously. Some of the questions we get here have obvious answers and for some, we can only offer suggestions as to what may fix the problem. If I don't have a definite solution or a logical suggestion, I stay quiet.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sam Wade

Sam Wade New Member

Sep 11, 2020
    Titusville Florida
    he also has a Chinese made polar printer about the same size that he says works it just needs to be cleaned. He replaced it with the Roland and once it sold as well any idea of a price?

7. Jim Hancock

Jim Hancock Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Not familiar with the Polar printer. More info needed for that, like a model number. Try Google searching and possibly Alibaba for info. Alibaba will probably be best as it's Chinese...

8. netsol

netsol Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    englishtown, nj
    sam,I paid $1500 for mine. i put 4 sign-in-china heads in it& repaired the circuit board
    best money i ever spent

9. henryp

henryp Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Sydney Australia
    Totally agree, I also wish that people asking for help would at least post the end result and which advice actually fixed the problem.