• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland sc500 capping station sponge cleaning & head rank question

Red/Black86

hi guys. my roland has been sitting for a good while and ive got new heads for it but before i start fitting them i was wondering is it possible to clean the sponges in the capping station. they feel a bit hard to me. can they be taken out and left soak in the printer cleaning flush??

also i wrote down the head rank before i took out the old heads but now i cant find where i wrote it down and the old heads are out. can someone tell me if the head rank stays in the printer after new heads are fitted or would i be better off refitting the old heads and powering up to get the right numbers again??

i hope someone can help.

cheers

Ken

lodcomm

hi guys. my roland has been sitting for a good while and ive got new heads for it but before i start fitting them i was wondering is it possible to clean the sponges in the capping station. they feel a bit hard to me. can they be taken out and left soak in the printer cleaning flush??

also i wrote down the head rank before i took out the old heads but now i cant find where i wrote it down and the old heads are out. can someone tell me if the head rank stays in the printer after new heads are fitted or would i be better off refitting the old heads and powering up to get the right numbers again??

i hope someone can help.

cheers

Ken

Hi Ken,

If I am reading your post correctly you have a new set of print heads for the printer? - If so, then I am fairly certain the new heads will use new head rank figures.

You should be able to clean the capping sponges with the cleaning fluid. I often place a few drops in my capping sponges if I am not using my sc500 for a few days. The fluid cleans the sponges to almost white.

-t

Red/Black86

cheers for the replys guys. ive cleaned the tubes on the capping station there was hard bits of in stuck inside so there all cleaned up now. i cleaned the sponges as best i could. they didnt come out white but they are certainly better than when i started.

yes i have new heads and there are number written on top of the heads as attached but im not sure if they are right as the roland will only let me change the second, third and fifth numbers on both heads.

22345E4E-8FAE-4D51-9596-58086CB19E85_zpsbcygpu7a.jpg 6D08AD28-B321-4271-A3B3-D0CE9A25C629_zpsrzuvc4sn.jpg

any help would be greatly appreciated. im mad to get it running and start printing :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

anozira02

cheers for the replys guys. ive cleaned the tubes on the capping station there was hard bits of in stuck inside so there all cleaned up now. i cleaned the sponges as best i could. they didnt come out white but they are certainly better than when i started.

yes i have new heads and there are number written on top of the heads as attached but im not sure if they are right as the roland will only let me change the second, third and fifth numbers on both heads.

View attachment 96922 View attachment 96923

any help would be greatly appreciated. im mad to get it running and start printing :smile:

Ken, I have a couple of these older printers and hardly ever enter in any ranking numbers,, and the printing is just fine
if the print head comes from Roland it may come with ranking numbers. otherwise it may not..