• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SC500 Motor error

n737rp

Hello to all my printer friends I have a issue here that I cant solve.. here it goes hopefully I can explain this good...

When I set up the printer and the cutting tool goes out to size the media, usually once it is on the way back to right it throws the "motor error please turn power off" But there is no code number thats all it says. Once and while it will go and size the media, then I can do a test print, it will be printing then throw the code, once that happens the printer carrige goes zipping to the right.. This machine has 87 print hours on it and 1 hour cutting very low use..

I have tried the following.. Cleaned the linerar bearings, checked the tension on the cable, made sure that the screw attached to the cable is tight no slipping.... I need help bad here I have jobs that need to be done

Thanks everyone

:thankyou::readthread:

humpsigns

Well inside your linear bearings their is a plastic bearing chain that will break and stick in certain spots. My little sp300 was doing the same thing. You can get bearing for about 80 to 100 bucks, you can do it yourself,just don't be in a rush.I even had to take end cap off new bearing to keep it from sticking. I would replace all of them If that's your problem.So what I would do, keep machine off and take your cutter head and move it back forth slow, it might take 30 min for it to hit that certain spot,
.... just because you are trying to find it.

n737rp

I think it sounds like your on to something there, do you by chance know where I can get the new linear bearings for the cutting tool?

n737rp

Okay thank you.. I just did take the tool carrige aprt and get to my linear bearing, it moves so smooth and quite. but it still is giving me that motor error turn power off code.. guess Im going to chase my tail on this one

n737rp

actually when all put together when Im moving the cutting tool back and forth it does feel like there is a small load on it, it has a drag feel to it, it dosent feel super smooth I just checked it out, if you have a part number for the replacment that would be awsome. thanks again

humpsigns

Mine was sp300v, You well have to email or call them for the right Linear part number. have you googled THK linear. SSR-15XW that was my part number for the 300, yours prob different.

sfr table hockey

First you could try a limit initialize.

With main pannel power off hold down the (left, up, right) and power on.

then press enter.

May not help but some times that is all it takes.

humpsigns

Could be, but don't you have to set the ink carriage before it will initialize or is that for some other setting.

sfr table hockey

That sets the carriage to the right spot. If the heads are slamming into the sides this could be a fix. If the motor is going...... then this may not fix it.

n737rp

I have set the limit, and cut down position also on it.. I know that the linear bearing moves so smooth and free when the cutting tool is not on it, but once all together it seems to have a tight load on it, but the cable tension is not to tight.. im not sure where it would pick up such a tight feeling from..

Fusion Graphics

Did you ever sort this issue out one of my .sc 500 is doing this my thoughts were bearings or motor what was your issue? To buy bearings Roland sell as complete unit on track

fotoshow

I had similar problem around 3months ago. I eventually solved it by replacing the Motor. Problem occurs after encountering head strike.