• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland sc500 print not aligned with cut

andy68

roland sc500 print and cut recently serviced and calibrated by roland tech, new heads, dampers, capping station ink pump, envi. calibration done , tech says machine is A1. using vinylmaster xpt v.4 and windows 7, new software and printer and user..
problem is print is not aligned to cut, and print is 100% bigger and in different position to cut. guess its something in the setup up of my software or printer but am new to this so help appreciated.. many thanks..

anozira02

Try to do print head alinement, after that do print/cut adjustment where you can adjust the Feed and Scan movement of the cutter. I had this problem before and the Scan and Feed adjusting did the job.. It take a bit of time cause you have to the settings in small increments .05 or less.

andy68

Thanks for reply . I guess its a software or setting issue cut is right size and aligned when I do print and cut demo . Roland tech has done env. calibration and says printer is ok . Im using vinylmaster xpt cutting ok but printing out different sizes approx 100% bigger than art work on screen .Thought it may have been usb cable to printer but tried serial cable and still the same. Any kne here bood with vinylmaster or roland sc500 can help me out big time :thankyou:

CarNate69

If there is a setting in the cutting settings dialog for resolution, make sure it says 1016. This can be a problem in Flexi, at least.

As for the printing, you would need to make sure it's correct in the printing settings section and everything is printed at "100%" scale. If it's not printing correctly, it won't know how to cut correctly.

If that's not the problem, I would contact the software company as it's definitely a software issue.

anozira02

If your printer receiving the date from your printer than it's not a cable issue... I do all my printing and cutting with my SC-500,, I have no idea why you want to use a different cutter to do the cutting...it could be your cutter that has the problem...

andy68

If your printer receiving the date from your printer than it's not a cable issue... I do all my printing and cutting with my SC-500,, I have no idea why you want to use a different cutter to do the cutting...it could be your cutter that has the problem...
i got a sc500 used and just installed vinymaster xpt, having used just a gx24 cutter for the last 2 years thought i would take the step into printing, as you have a sc500 you may be able to help me using a usb cable to connect to computer if i send / rip a print and cut job the print is smaller than it shouls be then it cuts at the right size in the wrong place to print what software do you use to design and send jobs to the sc500..