• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SC500 test print

Neilo1086

Hello everyone. I am new to the printing side of sign making and have a roland sc500 printer/cutter. The machine cuts fine but the cant get the printing side of things working properly. When I do a test print i get the result as what it shows in the attached file. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction to get it working correctly. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• test print.jpg
    test print.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 162

Posterboy

I used to have an sc500 and that doesn't look great. Get in touch with Roland. I'm based in Sydney, and I find their tech support to be excellent. I see you're in Victoria, so there might be a different office in Melbourne you could ring. They only have a small team and sometimes you have to wait, but they are worth the wait.
Send the image to

support@rolanddg.com.au

You could try a manual head clean, but to me, that looks like a serious problem, possibly a new print head is needed, thats going to be $1k - $2k.
It's an old machine, so a new head is possible. You need to consider if you can justify the expense. From my experience that machine is a work horse, for solid colours it is fine. Newer machines are faster and have a wider gamut, but I find solid colours are where it is at for signage.
Since the machine is old, and likely out of warranty you should consider using a bulk ink system. A lot of people swear by them, and you've got no warranty to lose. I don't use them myself because I have a new machine, and a warranty to maintain. Search on this site for the ink systems, you'll find some info. Third party bulk ink is a lot cheaper to run.

Stormyj

Just another guy
Best thing you could do is get a certified service tech in and do a complete tune up on the machine. They will check everything and get it running at 100%. It is usually not too expensive. I had a guy in for about two hours and he only charged me $150. He adjusted everything on the machine and now it runs perfectly. Best money ever spent.

signlords

Ditto /\ I have a CJ500 converted to SC500, having trouble finding a service tech in FL. I am ready and willing to pay someone to come give mine a once over. :)

niksagkram

Are there inks still available for the 500? Not sure it could be retro fitted to use Eco-Sol inks. Oh yeah, as for the test print.... YUK! :)

Mark

Fantazia

I still have a and use a SC-500 for the simple and quick works and for cut only. My opinion is that you need to change or refubrish your captop. Maybe it is just the sponges. Have a look on this, its condition before proceed further.

The SC-500 uses Eco-SOL MAX inks (converted with a heater of course).