• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SC500 with Flexisign 8.1

16skyline

Hi,

My question is when I want to print and then contour cut a image how can I set flexisign so I can print them image, then laminate it and then ut it back in the machine and contour cut.

Can Flexisign 8.1 do this and if it can, could someone please explain how to do it

Thanks

sfr table hockey

Yes it can.

I always just use production manager to add files and print and cut. Once you add the file to there and double click on it you will see all the tabs on top.

Going over each tab you will see similar to what flexi shows in its windows. The 2nd tab will give the option to just print or just cut and the 4th is where you check for crop marks. You need to send the file as a print only with the crop marks checked, then remove, let dry for the day, and laminate. Try not to laminate over the crop marks. Then you need to see in the Roland manual where you put the media back into the printer and use the crop mark censor setup and then just send the file as a cut. There is a way to use basepoint and it finds the crop marks then goes and cuts. You need a little more width in the media as well as more at the end of the media so that if your rear censor is enabled you will not trigger a error with too short of media to read the last crop mark. It's in the Roland manual.

sfr table hockey

Just thinking of this and just in case you can't get the printer to do the crop mark read thing, another guy on this site had issues with his CJ 500 (flipping the switch to make it a SC 500) and then trying to use that feature of reading the crop marks. It just did not work. He flipped the switch back and all was fine. If yours was an SC 500 to begin with it may be ok but if it does not work like the manual describes then that may be the issue. Let us know if yours works.

16skyline

Just thinking of this and just in case you can't get the printer to do the crop mark read thing, another guy on this site had issues with his CJ 500 (flipping the switch to make it a SC 500) and then trying to use that feature of reading the crop marks. It just did not work. He flipped the switch back and all was fine. If yours was an SC 500 to begin with it may be ok but if it does not work like the manual describes then that may be the issue. Let us know if yours works.

Hi,

Yes it does work you just have to make sure that when setting the alignment up that you get the cutting blade right on the crop marks.

Cheers:thankyou: