• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SC500 Yellow lines

16skyline

Hi everyone, I have spent the last two weeks lining and calibrating the old girl sc500. I have final found a profile that I am happy with now I think I have a problem coming up.

When printing I am getting faint yellow lines through my print, can some body tell me is my print head on the right hand side on the way out or is there something else going on?

Cheers:help

sfr table hockey

Some times a faint line can appear (most times I have seen black) due to the encoder strip or the strip censor having debre on it.

Do these lines appear in areas of the print where there is white space, meaning where nothing should be printer or only over the image itself?

In the service menu, I think, there is a encoder strip test you can do and it will tell you if it's ok.

Heads should have the head rank changed if you install a new head and if not correct I think the manual says random lines can appear but if you were not getting those lines before then it should not be that issue.

The other thing it can be is just a fuzz or hair caught on the head or cutter head that is dragging through the print. This will show throught the entire print and extend about an inch past the edge of the print but not just one color, it will be the mix of what you are printing at the time.

If you can't fix try posting another photo for us to look at.

Just wondering what profile you are finding to work?

16skyline

Some times a faint line can appear (most times I have seen black) due to the encoder strip or the strip censor having debre on it.

Do these lines appear in areas of the print where there is white space, meaning where nothing should be printer or only over the image itself?

In the service menu, I think, there is a encoder strip test you can do and it will tell you if it's ok.

Heads should have the head rank changed if you install a new head and if not correct I think the manual says random lines can appear but if you were not getting those lines before then it should not be that issue.

The other thing it can be is just a fuzz or hair caught on the head or cutter head that is dragging through the print. This will show throught the entire print and extend about an inch past the edge of the print but not just one color, it will be the mix of what you are printing at the time.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply the yellow lines are mainly in the white area where there isn't any printing. so I will have a look at the encoder strip.

regards

16skyline

Just done Liner Encorder check in service mode and all it said was complete, didn't tell me if there was something wrong or not.

sfr table hockey

If the encoder check finished and did not say anything then you should be fine there. Just try to blow out the area where the Black cutter carriage houses the censor for reading the encoder strip. It's in behind even with the strip.

Changing the file and printing something else, does it still leave the same yellow lines?

Have you removed or bumped any of the ribbon cables from the heads to the main board? Make sure power is off and unplugged and press the pannel power button a few times to make sure all power is discharged before you fool with the ribbons or any electrical stuff.

Do as Bobby suggested, try the same file on another media to see if it still happens. Static can cause overspray but not sure what causes just one color.

Might need some photos on this one..