• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland sc540 Did i fry it?

sibertex

Bought a roland sc540 with a weak test print for yellow and zero printing coming from lc and lm. cleaned the heads and seemed to be making improvements on all but the lclm. however when replacing ribbon cables to the head i saw a spark. now it wont print anything it will still cut and gives me no error codes. i checked the fuses and they seem to be in good shape also replaced the transistor that controls head power. Not sure where to look next. any advice is much appriciated.

GunBunny13B

That's why you want to turn off the main power in the back and unplug it as well, just to be sure. You may have blown the head board on it unfortunately.

CS-SignSupply

So the printer is not printing ANY color but the 3 fuses check out as Not blown? And the replacement transistor checks out?

Mosh

reason 632 to not buy used equipment...ALWAYS costs more, there is a REASON it is for sale...

Desert_Signs

Bought a roland sc540 with a weak test print for yellow and zero printing coming from lc and lm. cleaned the heads and seemed to be making improvements on all but the lclm. however when replacing ribbon cables to the head i saw a spark. now it wont print anything it will still cut and gives me no error codes. i checked the fuses and they seem to be in good shape also replaced the transistor that controls head power. Not sure where to look next. any advice is much appriciated.

Pull the headboard and send it to MacMedia.

sibertex

So the printer is not printing ANY color but the 3 fuses check out as Not blown? And the replacement transistor checks out?
yes it checks out fuses check out and no printing. spoke to a guy yesterday said it was a 150.00 bench fee to see if it was even repairable plus cost to fix. does this sound about right? also ive found some new head boards for around 600 so by the time he fixes it i might be half the cost of new so might aswell go that route. thanks for the thoughts everyone.

player

yes it checks out fuses check out and no printing. spoke to a guy yesterday said it was a 150.00 bench fee to see if it was even repairable plus cost to fix. does this sound about right? also ive found some new head boards for around 600 so by the time he fixes it i might be half the cost of new so might aswell go that route. thanks for the thoughts everyone.

Maybe just call in a Roland tech?