• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ROLAND SC545ex Heads not firing

stillhasdust

I have a roland sc545ex that had one half of the Group A heads not fire then a couple days later half of the Group B heads won't fire either. I have tried multiple cleanings but I think there is something wrong with the pump. Does any one else have any ideas

sfr table hockey

Can you attach a syringe to the capping station and draw the syringe and listen for air leak. If you get resistance and ink in the syringe the caps are set fine.
Also is the drain line from the pump clear and unblocked? By putting some cleaning fluid in the syringe and attach it to the drain pump line you should be able to force some fluid out into the drain bottle. Do both lines or however many there are on your unit.

I also one time had the little rectangle shape thing with a spring (it pushes against the capping station to seal two small rubber nibs that have clear tubes that lead to the capping station) anyway this came off and when the capping station was set in place, the nibs were not covered by this plastic rectange and there was an air leak and the pump ran but could not suck anything due to the air leak.