• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SC545EX

G6Signs

OK, this post is going to be long.

We've had problems with our Roland for about 4/5 years now. It started with printing pinkish where it was supposed to be white when printing a .jpg We had a tech come down from Phoenix and tell us it was our images and he changed the black head on the printer. Close to $3,000 later and it still wasn't printing like it was supposed to. We could get away with certain projects but knowing the quality it should have been printing I was never satisfied.
We recently combined a screen printing shop with our sign shop and wanted to get the printer in tip top shape. Unfortunately the new shop used the same guy from Phoenix I told them not to use. He came down and replaced the two cyan heads, the cutting strip, the dampers and literally took off without test printing or anything. I just happened to show up 10 minutes after he left, not even knowing he had just been there, and asked what was going on. They told me that Peter had just been there and fixed the machine. As soon as I heard who it was I was skeptical. I asked if he did a test print to see if it was working perfectly and they said no, he hadn't. I ran one and tried to print something and it was aweful! He didn't even test it after the new heads were replaced, but walked away with a $3500 check. I called him and luckily he hadn't left town yet so he came back over. He took one look at the test print and image I had had printed and said "well, that doesn't look good." He started taking it apart and running tests and decided now we needed the magenta heads and possibly the yellow as well. Of course he didn't have any parts with him so this was going to be an additional trip back along with the parts.
I decided to call Roland and see if there was anyone else near us that could help, and also file a complaint about the tech. He's been doing this for "20 years" and has not helped us once, but rather charge a combined $6,000+. Roland gave me another name in Phoenix so I called them and they don't have any techs right now so they would have to fly someone from Alabama. So I asked Roland for the names of anybody in San Diego, since it's about the same distance as Phoenix. They gave me 2 names. One company never called me back but the other one doesn't want to travel to us. The farthest they'll go is 45 minutes from us.
I don't know what to do. I tried printing something the other day and now it's only printing in cyan and magenta. No black or yellow. None of the colors come out like they're supposed to. I did a test print today and only the first column (A) is printing. B and C show nothing.
If anyone has any input as to what the problem could be or better yet, help on finding a tech that will come help us, that would be awesome.

Jack Knight1979

The pinkish problem is a rip problem with the color space you're using. I'm familiar with this. That's all software. Sounds like you're getting scammed from the tech. Lets see that test print.

G6Signs

Pictures

roland tests.jpg

So the top part is what the print out should have looked like, but it only came out in the pinks and purples. The bottom one is the test print and you can see in the lower right is the test print from the roland itself. Only A and B show up and nothing else.

tomasimattia

sorry for my english, i'm italian.... i know this problem... you use 440 cc cartridge ? in same case it's horizontal position problem... take the cartridge and shake... there are a component in the cartridge block and software don't report this, or cartridge are empty. try and report

LargeFormat

This is Peter Spilger my personal phone number is 602-616-0668. I have been selling installing and servicing Roland printers for over 15 years. I am the tech whom worked on this printer. A Roland we sold in 2005 and is at its 3rd or 4th shop. The problem is your print heads need to be replaced. I explained this to you very carefully. To suggest that I "scammed you" is without merit and wrong. As always I wish you the best of luck with your latest business and I hope you find the help you require.

If anybody has any questions concerning my skills or integrity please call me on my personal phone number.

Best regards
Peter Spilger