Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Suggestions Discussion Question Roland Servicing in Central Valley CA?

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by LetsPrint209, Feb 21, 2018.

1. LetsPrint209

LetsPrint209 New Member

Feb 8, 2018
    California
    Looking for a service agent in the Modesto, Ca area. Does anyone know of any and recommend?

2. C5 Service&Repair

C5 Service&Repair Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    I do some service in the area when I get enough interest, or the client is willing to pay air travel. I have serviced many customers in the bay area.
    If you have repairs or training that need done, I'd be happy to work something out with you.

3. LetsPrint209

LetsPrint209 New Member

Feb 8, 2018
    California
    Thanks but not willing to pay air fare/travel

4. LetsPrint209

LetsPrint209 New Member

Feb 8, 2018
    California
    Still looking for help in the Central Valley with a Roland SP-300V. If anyone can refer
    Thanks

5. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Learn to fix it yourself. DIY and save $1000's of dollars.

My printer is crapping out and the quotes by Roland dealers for the same part ranged from $3,000 to $2,000 to $1,850 to $1,635 delivered, which is what I bought. The warranty also ranged from zero warranty to 2 months, to the part I bought 1 year. The $3,000 dealer said once the part is installed, I own it, even if it doesn't fix the problem, while to $2,000 dealer said if it didn't fix it they would remove and only charge me the labor and travel ($1,000). It seems to be the wild wild west out there. I will be doing it myself and saving $3,500 over the dealer estimate.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    What is wrong with your SP300?

7. LetsPrint209

LetsPrint209 New Member

Feb 8, 2018
    California
    player, I have learned to repair a few things myself but at this point just want to make sure the print heads are done right. So far i've replaced the ink lines and caps. I know how to take out the print heads but want to make sure their setup correctly. Maybe I'm just being over precaution. I'm so close to getting this printer working.

8. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Do you have a new head or heads in your possession? If you buy one the repair guy will still install it. You can save hundreds of dollars. Some places where you buy heads online will also help you with guidelines and phone support to install the head yourself...

9. LetsPrint209

LetsPrint209 New Member

Feb 8, 2018
    California
    Yeah I already purchase two new print heads. Maybe I'll give it ago and then reach out to the company I got them from and see if that works. Just didnt want to put them in and then if I cant fine tune them they dry up waiting for someone to get out here to help