• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant Roland SG-540

Mario M

Purchased a new SG-540.It got delivered last Wednesday..... One week of it sitting there, 3 visits at a total of 14 hours. I still have not been able to run one job on my new printer. I like everyone else have heard so much good about roland and didnt do my re- search. Now after finding this website and hearing the bad of SG-540, Im really kicking myself in the A** for this purchase. [HASHTAG]#bandingmachine[/HASHTAG]

timkaz227

What exactly is happening? I've had an Sp-540v for many years that I bought used from a dealer. I was thinking about getting a SG-540.

Mario M

Its banding. Came brand new banding. All adjustments done by tech, they sent new print head. Still banding. Now they are sending another print head saying both print heads were bad.........

Its banding. Came brand new banding. All adjustments done by tech, they sent new print head. Still banding. Now they are sending another print head saying both print heads were bad.........

They'll send new parts until you finally gave up or no longer entitled for free return. After a while a tech will start saying that this is what TrueVIS machines should do and it's your fault for being a cheap-ass and you should have bought a more expensive machine.

Mario M

They'll send new parts until you finally gave up or no longer entitled for free return. After a while a tech will start saying that this is what TrueVIS machines should do and it's your fault for being a cheap-*** and you should have bought a more expensive machine.

What exactly is happening? I've had an Sp-540v for many years that I bought used from a dealer. I was thinking about getting a SG-540.
Check out mimaki cjv150 it has built in cutter comes with inks, epson DX7 heads not truevis's el cheapo fireflex 900 dpi heads and take up system is included too.

Oh, and cutting accuracy was also a joke . Return it while you can and get yourself a mimaki ;) bird.jpg

Check out the offset printing pattern on the blue cardboard for reference.

Purchased a new SG-540.It got delivered last Wednesday..... One week of it sitting there, 3 visits at a total of 14 hours. I still have not been able to run one job on my new printer. I like everyone else have heard so much good about roland and didnt do my re- search. Now after finding this website and hearing the bad of SG-540, Im really kicking myself in the A** for this purchase. [HASHTAG]#bandingmachine[/HASHTAG]

Hello Mario,

Thank you for working with Roland support to resolve your ongoing issue. Your dealer reported that your issue has been resolved. We are looking forward to working with you for many years to come.

Sincerely
Roland Tech Support