• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SGP3 vs Magic GFPhoto240

splizaat

Hey Everyone -
I wasn't sure where exactly to post this one since it's technically a paper product, but we are printing it on our VS540i.

In the past we have used SGP3 (on our old printer) which I felt printed absolutely beautiful, and last couple years have been printing Magic's GFPhoto240 material on our VS540i. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if SGP3 Paper is actually GFPhoto240 just with a Roland label on the box -- they look, feel and if I remember correctly even print nearly the same.

BUT That's the problem...I can't remember! And it's been a year since we have last ordered either of them so I'm curious what everyone else is printing when it comes to one-off thick poster stock. We get a lot of car and truck guys wanting one poster of their vehicle or models who want some big shots to frame and they love this rigid stuff.

Which, in your opinion, prints better... Roland SGP3 or Magic GFPhoto240?