• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Roland SJ-1045EX Soljet Pro II V

Eric Robidoux

Hello everyone,
I just bought a used Roland printer and it was printing fine before we moved it.

Now when I do a head test I get this mostly black smudge at both ends of the material. I manually cleaned the heads but it still does it.

Anybody knows what I’m supposed to do ? I’m new to Roland and used to have an Epson before

Check pictures

Attachments

• IMG_7622.jpeg
    IMG_7622.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_7623.jpeg
    IMG_7623.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7624.jpeg
    IMG_7624.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 32

damonCA21

The head is hitting the material ( you can see where it has buckled up on the one side ). This will smear ink across it as the heads are very close to the material when printing. You need to make sure the material is completely flat. It probably still has ink on the head face, so do a couple of cleans and it should clear it up

SigSignsMT

On that thicker canvas material, you should probably set your head height to "high", you can manually reach your hand in by the head and flip a lever to pull it up. Though it may be different for the SJ-1045EX. After raising the head, you will need to adjust your settings after moving the head up.