• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SJ 540 Test Print

delriosigns

Hello, i am hoping i can get some advice from someone/anyone! I'm attaching my test print for my 54'' roland sj 540. I've only had this printer for about 8 months. The previous owner used only roland inks and the test prints were just about perfect. I've since switched to using Triangle Inks. I've replaced the wipers, cleaned the wiper scraper, replaced the cap tops, manually clean once a week, i've pinched off the drain lines to the capping stations and filled with head cleaning solution and let heads soak for a good 45 minutes, dampers look fine are half filled with ink, pumps seem to be working fine as well. I'm a little worried about the test print. Will i be ok or am i looking at replacing the print heads soon?!! My test print keeps looking this way. I can't really notice a problem while printing, but i am worried about down the road. Should i go back to Roland Inks? Please help!

attachment.php
image.tiff
image.tiff

Attachments

• test print.jpg
    test print.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 207

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
i've pinched off the drain lines to the capping stations and filled with head cleaning solution and let heads soak for a good 45 minutes
Did you pull the solution through the line(with a syringe) after soaking?

If not, I would soak longer(12-24 hours) and then try the syringe.

El Barto

I'd let 'em soak overnight to get those last few nozzles back (if possible). If they don't come back I'd keep using those 6 heads for another 10 years with great results anyway. I don't think what you're showing there is going to be much of a problem at all.

rjssigns

Make sure the pump lines and drain line(s) aren't clogged. It will eventually quit printing if the lines are clogged or extremely restricted. There could be other issues too. Only recourse is to replace all those lines.
Very simple to check and replace. Been there, done that, went back to OEM and print with zero issues.

Third party inks don't tolerate inactivity. You best be running several hours per day 5 to 6 days a week.
Of course there was a whole litany of things that happened when I tried to save money with third party inks.

You answered your own question. Roland inks = near perfect test prints.

BTW If you aren't going through a set of carts a week use OEM ink. Heavy ink users are the ones that benefit with third party as they can easily amortize replacement parts.