• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland sj 640

Bio-Graphics

I have a roland sj640.. And I'm a roland tech but this machine is kicking my butt.. The cyan is droping out after about 5 inches of printing.. And the test print has missing nozzles but they are moving.. So nozzles are ok.. it almost like there is air in the lines somewhere.. But I've pulled ink threw... Can anybody help me with this... Maybe I'am missing something here....

Ragnabrok

could be an opening in one of of the ink lines between the damper and cartridge. I've seen this, albeit rarely but it does happen. They have 2 couplings if i remember correctly, each about 1/3 in from either end.

GSGservice

Are you getting air in the syringe? It could be a cracked ink manifold where the damper attaches. Also pull the skins and have someone watch the hoses whe you pull ink through you may have a cracked ink line especially on a printer that old.