• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SJ 645ex head board eater

averias

Hi Good Morning, I wish anybody can help me,
we have a customer with a roland sj 645 ex, it was working perfect until two months ago, yellow head stops printing (new fuse, new transistor) but finally we have to change the printhead and the head board, we putted a refurbished head board, and we calibrated the machine, even we was printing for an hour, the customer switch off the machine and after porwering up, lm and lc stops working (new fuse, new transistor).
The flex cables in all the printheads are new, and the big flat flex cables from head board to carriage board seems to be ok. Well we ordered a new one head board, its arrives today (almost ten days later). the customer was working with four heads (CMYK), although the nozze test was not perfect. today we replaced the new board, and surprisingly we saw that cyan head was not printing nothing at all, and sometimes it prints a long cyan line with the printhead lenght, the others printhead printed an almost perfect nozzle test, so it makes me think that the previous board was working badly (although the first day every nozzle was perfect).
Of course to replace the headboard, we switch off the machine and removed the power cable, after checking cables, we see that in this moments cyan printhead and magenta printhead are not working (fuse ok, transistors ok) and lc is not working (fuse ok, transistor ok), I'm starting to think in a motherboard problem or powersupply problem (those printhead prints ok if I put them in other channels), sometimes when I switch on the machine without touching anything one color stops firing.

Please I need Help

WalkerP

Sounds like a nightmare. Very tough to diagnose.

Is the printer on a UPS?
Obvious question is, did anything change? New location, outlet, lightning strike, breaker box, etc.

Dragos_RO

Hi.
Clean the pins of the "big flat flex cables from head board to carriage board" with isopropyl alcohol. Inspect the pins from that flat cable to see if any of them are loose.
Check the humidity of the printing room. Instal a UPS!