• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SJ-740

bigben

Hi folks!

I currently own a Epson GS6000 and a friend of mine would like to sell me his Roland SJ-740. For some jobs, I could use a second printer but can't afford another GS6000.

-What do you think of this printer?
-What do you think of my idea to buy it as a ''second'' or ''backup'' printer?
-How much should I pay for it if it is in great shape?

Thanks for your help.

Ben

ZsVinylInc

I don't know anything about that model roland but what I would be more concerned about is the fact that they are different manufacturers. If your gs breaks down are you going to be able match the same colors and pick up right away with production? If not you will have to start remembering what jobs you did on what machines.

bigben

I don't know anything about that model roland but what I would be more concerned about is the fact that they are different manufacturers. If your gs breaks down are you going to be able match the same colors and pick up right away with production? If not you will have to start remembering what jobs you did on what machines.

I can deal with this. And I can write a note in the customer invoice.

And the extra length could be useful for some projects like banners.

bigben

no one know this printer and/or want to give their opinion? Come on guys and gals. Don't by shy.... :Big Laugh

inkmed

If the price is not very high.
I think it is a good deal.
SJ 740 is a eco solvent printer too, and it is easy to use bulk ink system (just need one set permanent chips and one set refill cartridge), it will save the cost.
Epson GS6000 have to use original cartridge, the cost is too high to print a big order.

Adam from Inkmed

bigben

If the price is not very high.
I think it is a good deal.
SJ 740 is a eco solvent printer too, and it is easy to use bulk ink system (just need one set permanent chips and one set refill cartridge), it will save the cost.
Epson GS6000 have to use original cartridge, the cost is too high to print a big order.

Adam from Inkmed

Thanks for the reply.

- what would be a ''good price'' for this printer?
- could you point me where I can find bulk ink system for this printer?

bigben

Ok, I've went to see the printer today. It is in perfect shape, good print quality and I already know the tech who work on it. The printer is 4-5 years old. The guy have two of them but just bought a flatbed.

What price should I offer him? He told me the amount he want, but I would like to get you feedback.

Thank you.

Ben

inkmed

Ok, I've went to see the printer today. It is in perfect shape, good print quality and I already know the tech who work on it. The printer is 4-5 years old. The guy have two of them but just bought a flatbed.

What price should I offer him? He told me the amount he want, but I would like to get you feedback.

Thank you.

Ben

It is hard to estimate a second printer when I can not saw it.
Suggestion is check how long did the printer heads work.
If printer heads had work near or more than 1 years, you will need change them soon. DX4 printer head cost is more than $650 each, it is a high cost, so you have to bargain with him for a low amount.

For the bulk ink, you had better order them from your printer service company, that you can get better service from them.

Really did not know the price because we did not know the offer to end user in your market.
As I know, reseller sell printer parts with more than 50% bebefit when they buy from China.

Good luck!

Adam from Inkmed