• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SJ745EX service mode problem and others

Ivanhoe_pl

I`ve got problem with enetring in service mode on SJ745EX.
I found on this forum a way to enetr service mode (down, right, left, up, right, down, left up, left+right+down+powerup) but this doesn`t work for mine SJ (i get service mode protected information). Firmware is 6.0.

Maybe there is another way (another code) to enter the service mode.
Could someone who serviced my SJ lately, changed the code for service mode (is there any possibility to do this)

Second problem is i get horizontal banding on allmost all light colors (espacialy on yellow and cyan mixes) on all medias. But this banding is different that anything is saw. It looks like every inch (wide of the head) i get a little darker or lighter line. You dont see this from close distance, but when you stand about 1 meter from printing you see it perfectly. Maybe its raster problem. I use 720x720 8p mode in Posterprint 11, stochastic V11.

Could anybody help solve my problems?
Thank!

PS. Sorry for my bed english

sfr table hockey

I`ve got problem with enetring in service mode on SJ745EX.
I found on this forum a way to enetr service mode (down, right, left, up, right, down, left up, left+right+down+powerup) but this doesn`t work for mine SJ (i get service mode protected information).

Not sure but try without the last up just before you do the 3 keys together and power.

down, right, left, up, right, down, left , (left+right+down+powerup together)

sfr table hockey

I know they change them for the newer units. Did a search and one was

down, right, left, up, right, down, left, left then (left+right+down+powerup together)

Some times you need to do it several times to get the sequence just right. On my key pad it's a bubble type pad and is a lot harder than the other one with a button type pad.

You could try the search feature on 101 and try either "Roland service mode" or something like that.

Sorry I could not help. Hope someone else may have some info.

Ivanhoe_pl

Thanks for all tips.
As i was thinking there are two metods goin into service mode.

One is S starting from up and V from left then V+power button
Other is S strating from down and V from rigth thev V+power button

Gabriel

Hi

If it's an old firmware the right combination is the one with the "S" starting from "up".

Good Luck!