• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland soljet 540 help

Salmoneye

Does the carriage move back and forth and nothing prints on the paper or you are getting no movement in the carriage at all for a test print.

Salmoneye

If you are a first time user as you say you might need a service tech and not a service manual. There is quite a bit of stuff that is not spelled out in the manual, especially if the machine was not put to bed properly.

zbullet2185

i bought it at an auction im trying to get in the sign business however this is my first roland ive owned many wide format printers such as hp and epson before and serviced them with the tech manuals .... when i press the test bottom or any printing option it move over the paper and doesnt print at all .. all ink level are good... the machine was turn off however it was in the right capped position...so i dont know where to start... i did notice that the magenta nozzle was dirty with ink while all the other were clean

Robert M

That printer

If it has been sitting unplugged i would suggest

Change out the dampers
get a syringe and try to push cleaning solution (gently) through the heads
pour cleaning solution on the cap tops and see if they drain

you may have dried ink in all the lines from the cap tops on down to the waste bottle

zbullet2185

hey guys im going freaking crazy. please help! i spent all my money buying the printer so hiring a tech is my last choice. i did a couple of head soaks with coffee filters... black started to print with a lot of deflection messing a lot of lines, cyan prints light magenta and light cyan with a few missing lines, magenta didnt print at all nor did yellow. no matter how many times soaked the heads magenta and yellow would only print a few lines. after cleaning i started to get issues with the first column of black. therefore i used a 3mil syringe to try to pull from the cap top by removing the rubber from the pump and pulling air however nothing came out. in result i attempted to inject cleaning fluid to both magenta and yellow.yellow start to print alot more lines faintly and magenta continued the print very few lines. therefore i tried to push cleaning fluid through the head manifold which did nothing.... today after not using the printer for the weekend i did a test print magenta yellow printed nothing and the first column of black was missing half...
please help! i did a lot of research i cant figure it out please!

kffernandez

sounds like an improperly stored printer. there could be clogs everywhere. you need a comprehensive cleanup of the lines. and possible replacement of heads/dampers/capping stations.

i would suggest getting a really good tech, and request for a comprehensive cleanup. there are some great third party suppliers of parts/service here in s101. just ask around by creating another post.

i know that you mentioned that you used up quite a bit of cash already. but i'm sure that people around here will tell you that you need to be prepared to spend a lot more on your machine, and quite a bit more on other equipment that you will need. no amount of explanation, whining, or excuses will change that fact.

good luck!

kelly