• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland soljet 540 problems

postnetnc133

So I took over another shop back in July and the roland was fine but then started having issues shortly after and ever since.
Tech from tubelite says it is from the after market inks that were being used in it for yrs. The previous owner switched to after market inks.
The tech to try and help me out replaced some basic less expensive parts and it helped. We then had a big run and the problems came back. Having drop out from a few heads.

He is telling me the only other thing to do is replace all of the print heads $6,000.

The roland is around 7-8 yrs old and I of course dont have $6k laying around but I also cant have the roland sitting there doing nothing.

threeputt

Six grand is a lot to put into a older (legacy) printer. I think I would contact a Roland dealer and try and make a deal on a new one, if they'll take yours in on trade. (it wouldn't cost the dealer 6K to replace the heads)

LarryB

You could flush the lines and go back to OEM inks. I did that after using aftermarket inks and have never looked back.

So I took over another shop back in July and the roland was fine but then started having issues shortly after and ever since.
Tech from tubelite says it is from the after market inks that were being used in it for yrs. The previous owner switched to after market inks.
The tech to try and help me out replaced some basic less expensive parts and it helped. We then had a big run and the problems came back. Having drop out from a few heads.

He is telling me the only other thing to do is replace all of the print heads $6,000.

The roland is around 7-8 yrs old and I of course dont have $6k laying around but I also cant have the roland sitting there doing nothing.

postnetnc133

We did flush the lines that was one of the first things he did. Got rid of all of the aftermarket inks. Then replaced basic less expensive parts.
Now all that is left are the print heads.

You could flush the lines and go back to OEM inks. I did that after using aftermarket inks and have never looked back.

CS-SignSupply

Sorry for your trouble as we have run into similar situations with a few clients... some inks require more maintenance/care and if not done, expenses build quickly. (some are just down right bad)

We have a used XC-540 in excellent condition with OEM Max Inks installed for sale if interested.

Would work out a delivery plan to Charlotte if needed.

We will be at the NBM Show November 6-8, booth 920.

LFC911

Having drop out from a few heads.

"Having dropout from a few heads", why not just replace those heads? You can probably find a reliable 3rd party DX4 printhead for less than $900 all day long.

Mosh

What exactly is the problem? Have you changed the dampers, caps? What have you done? Show a nozzle test. Of course they are going to blaim it on inks they don't sell, it could be but not 100%. Depending on use, that is pretty old, and OEM inks do work better...but I have a Roland that is that old still going, and used third party inks the last 5 years or so. All depends on usage, the more it printed the longer it will last, sounds strange but a fact.

postnetnc133

Anyone ever buy anything from SID signs international? I have purchased sign holders. Their cheap stuff is cheap but you get what you pay for.

Well they have the Epson DX4 heads.

If I buy 6 they drop down to $620each.

Epson is epson, these I assume are not knock offs?

Do I need to be careful about anything if I buy these?

Also see attached photo of the test print.

Attachments

• 20141010_165104_resized.jpg
    20141010_165104_resized.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 77