• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SolJet Pro II Ex Question about print temperature

PMac

Hello, What temperature do you Roland folks print at? I've been printing at 40 degrees. It doesn't seem to dry really fast at that temperature. I just got this printer. I love it but I bought it from a guy and I'm having to figure everything out on my own.

Jack Knight1979

I print from 36-42. On certain materials like paper, the inks do not try fast at all. On banner, there's no problem. If you have ink drying problems, it could be profile related.

I put a small 6" fan in front of my take-up when running posters to help dry the ink. Works perfect, and totally make the difference.

PMac

Thanks Jack. I don't have a take-up real with mine unfortunately . I've been told I can one aftermarket. I'm not that busy with it right now anyway. I'm still in learning mode. I've toyed with the color profiles a little bit but I'm far from knowing what difference they make are, I really couldn't tell ya. Do they make your printer use less ink? Because that would definitely help with dry time. I've found that photos print really dark and I have to really boost the brightness/contrast adjustments to get it right. Is that normal? Fans are a good idea though.