• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Roland Soljet Pro4 Head Issues

chrshell1

I have a Roland XR640 that has been diagnosed with bad light magenta and cyan heads. We have been told that the machine will not run in 4C mode and that it's basically a boat anchor for me or a parts machine for someone else. Does anyone have knowledge of this printer to give me some feedback? It's either going to be parted out or sold. HELP!!!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The XR640 is a dual headed machine with mirrored heads. I have never tried this on a Roland before but the dual headed Mutohs all allow you to turn one head off and run just one head. It's usually a setting in the RIP but sometimes it is a setting in the printer itself. You would still be running 6 color just slower.

E Coloney

Before you give up, try installing and setting up a new head. They're about US $550 + shipping from sign-in-china.com I've changed heads several times. It's TEDIOUS but a small investment compared with the cost of a machine and discarding it.

SYYED SHAKEER

Before you give up, try installing and setting up a new head. They're about US $550 + shipping from sign-in-china.com I've changed heads several times. It's TEDIOUS but a small investment compared with the cost of a machine and discarding it.
Are you sure about that price ? Is that without rank ? With rank is about little more than triple the price.