• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SOLJET XC-540

daphany

Hi All:)

I have accidentally put my printer into ink fill mode so it wants me to pull out cartridges and put in cleaning cartridges ect.. Is there a way to bypass this process?

Ragnabrok

possibly. fire 'er up in service mode, and in the service menu->ink menu->change inktype you can set it to whichever ink is currently in there (eSOL MAX i think is the option) and it might be pretty happy without having to fill the ink again.

daphany

yellow

Thanks soo much.. I have another question.. My yellow is not working very well. Is there a way i can fix this?

niksagkram

Hi Daphany. Can you post a pic of your nozzle check print out?

Mark

oops... duplicated the post somehow. :)

Last edited:

daphany

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20160105_115026.jpg
    IMG_20160105_115026.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 416

CS-SignSupply

Was this the issue that prompted you to get into the ink fill mode by accident?

In other words, what recent service work or change can you expand on that may be related?

It looks to me that possibly one of the following is the issue:

- 1 yellow cartridge is empty, or very near empty
- Clogged Damper on one side of the yellow head
- Clogged or damaged yellow captop/tubing/y connection
- Damaged Damper seal on one side of the yellow head
- Cracked Manifiold on the yellow head
- Bad ribbon cable feeding that side of the head

All kinds of good stuff.

daphany

Thanks!!

Yes this was the initial issue. I noticed my reds were appearing pinkish so I was trying to find an option in the menu where I could possibly pump the colors through. The cartridges are full. I used a syringe to suck yellow into the dampers. It appears the lines are full with no gaps or clogs. Cap top appears to be ok. How can I tell if the there is a crack in the manifold or if its a bad ribbon cable feeding? Any thoughts on why the black ink is bleeding on the media? thanks so much for your reply:)

CS-SignSupply

CAREFULLY move the left ribbon cable on the yellow head to the right position and print.... FIRST - POWER OFF, UNPLUG, GET A CUP OF COFFEE, DRINK IT, THEN VERIFY THE UNIT IS UNPLUGGED AND OFF BEFORE REMOVING ANY RIBBON CABLE....

You can also switch the damper lines on each side of the yellow head to confirm a flow issue or not.

BE CAREFUL - INK DRIPS AND WORKING WITH POWER ON CAN BE DESTRUCTIVE

What bleeding are you speaking of? Heater settings?

daphany

Thanks for all your help! I've never been on a forum lol. Just the black ink on the media looks fuzzy and it looks shadowy all around anything black in the image.

Chad

Try before messing with cables.

Pull the line from the pump and see if you can pull ink through the whole system. if you get ink, do a test print and open cover when it goes over material first time, then put some cleaning solution to the cap top close the cover and do a normal clean. if you start getting it back do a couple more normal cleans and it may come back completely. also a low ink cartridge at any time may have put air in the lines and sucking ink through the line will clear it up.

i have also had the cap top dislodge and was only making contact with half the head.