• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-300 Colorip to Versaworks

jhd

I'm having trouble with accurate colors with roland colorip. Looking into upgrading to versaworks. Any Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Troubles I'm experiencing with Colorip
Gradients
Accurate colors from job to job
Grayscale looks green
Colors changing from interior light to natural light

I'm working with corel x4 - exporting to pdf

Any Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

quintana711

color issues

I use to have these problems all the time, especially the natural light vs the indoor light. The only solution is to print a pantone chart to see how you machine prints all colors. take a look at that under natural light and pick the colors right out of the pantone chart. I use to open the chart in corel and just eyedrop which ever color I wanted from there. It was the only way to be dead on.
Gradients might be a PDF issue from correl I would use an eps to see if that helps.

Hope this works.
Cesar

slangsc

Gradients: The newer upgrades to Wasatch Rip 6.4+ have beautiful gradients and it's a fairly cheap upgrade for the Roland Only version.

Accurate colors from job to job: This requires accurate color profiles of your equipment, at your location, using your ink and vinyl, and your print settings, and regularly calibrated. Not a lot of sign shops are doing this. Downloadable profiles will only get you so far...

Grayscale looks green: Again a profile issue. I've had better results using RGB than CMYK when it comes to getting good grays.

Colors changing from interior light to natural light: Light defines your colors. Again, this is a profile issue. Most profiles are set to match under D50 lighting which is a controlled simulation of daylight, and never actually is realized in the real world. The only way to have one print outside match another print inside is to measure the light of both locations and create profiles for each viewing condition, and print each print with it's specific profile for that location.

I'm working with corel x4 - exporting to pdf: Perfect! Don't change a thing!

Any Feedback would be greatly appreciated.: New RIP software won't fix any of these issues except for the banding in gradients. I don't personally use VW, but I'm extremely happy with my upgraded Wasatch RIP.

jhd

I'm fairly new to in house digital printing, when it comes to creating a profile - I'm not even sure where to start.

What I am doing to elminate variables:
Roland eco-sol max ink
Consistent with my material
Working from a printed PMS chart off my printer to help with color using the same export and profile.

I'm looking at versaworks because of the Roland color library and also upgrading to Corel X5 which has the roland color libray.

I'm just looking to be consistent for my clients and create a workflow, which cuts down on waste and production

This is what I've been up to:
www.jhdesign02.com

Jim Hill

Question about software.

I am also using an SP-300 with Colorip and I am getting good results.

I thought you could only use Colorip with the SP-300 and that you could not use Versaworks unless you upgraded to the SP-300 I which is around $900.00 dollars to do.

My question will Versaworks work on a SP-300 or am I missing something here?

I do have a friend who also told me that he uses Versaworks software with his SP-300 and that he never upgraded before doing it.

I would like to hear from other SP-300 users to find out if this is true.

Thanks Jim