• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Roland SP-300 error message 0110

Jim Hill

I just changed the scanner motor, encoder strip and the part the sits on top of the encoder strip, and the knife blade and holder.

When in service menu the print head starts to move to the left about 10 inches and stops and I receive the 0110 error message.

I have wiped down the encoder strip a few times and checked all the connections which seem fine.

Wondering what to change next?

Jim

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What function are you attempting to run in service mode when it errors out? If you haven't already, make sure to run the encoder setup, encoder calibration, and environmental match. If something is up, it will fail to complete one of those functions. If it gets through all 3, it should fix the issue. Also, make sure the encoder sensor is straddling the encoder right down the middle. If it is rubbing on the encoder or crooked, it can cause issues.

Jim Hill

Solventinkjet:

I took a closer look at the encoder sensor and it is touching the rear side of it. On Friday I will try and center it more in the middle if I can.

Is the encoder setup and calibration and environmental all located in the Service Menu?
I entered the service menu but did not see it in there.

Thanks for that tip. Jim