• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Roland SP-300 Ink Pump question

Jim Hill

I was just reading the Manuel for my SP-300 and just wondering if I am reading this correctly.

It say's "you can connect either tube from the cap tops to either tube of the pump"

Thanks for your help Jim

C5 Service&Repair

yes thats correct. the input of the pumps from the captops is a 't' fitting and it dosent matter which captop goes to which side of the T

Jim Hill

CS Service7 Repair:

I am talking about the two T fittings that come off of the ink pump. One is on top and the other is on the bottom.
Does it matter which one of these fittings you connect the hoses from the Y fitting to?

I don't understand which way the ink pump is pumping. I thought the ink pump sucked the ink towards the ink pump and into the drain bottle?

This is exactly what it say's in the Roland Manuel for the SP-300 "you can connect either tube from the cap tops to either tube of the pump"

Kind of confusing. I have always connected the cap top tubes into the Y connection and then into the top T fitting that sticks off of the ink pump.

Jim

woolly

think the confusion is the manual is referring to the old style pump which had 2 input and 2 out unlike the upgraded pump 1 in 1 out just a thought

yes the pump should suck from the captops push to the waste the case of the new type is marked with a direction of flow arrow

Jim Hill

think the confusion is the manual is referring to the old style pump which had 2 input and 2 out unlike the upgraded pump 1 in 1 out just a thought

yes the pump should suck from the captops push to the waste the case of the new type is marked with a direction of flow arrow

Woolly:

Thanks for helping me figure out the correct way to connect the hoses because I am thinking I did it the wrong way.

Jim