• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-300 Pumping all ink out of black cartridge overnight.

mtroup

So a few days ago I came into the shop and noticed a puddle of black ink under my printer, expecting it to be coming from the pump i took the cover off and it wasn't. The waste ink bottle was full and it had overflowed as well. A 3/4th full 440ml cartridge was pumped out sometime during the night. I replaced the cart with a 220ml I had on the shelf and have been printing like normal. Now, 2 days later I come in and notice the printer is beeping about the cart being empty and sure enough the waste ink bottle is full and the cart is empty.

Other than this happening twice, while sitting overnight, the printer is functioning perfectly fine.

Any ideas?

CS-SignSupply

Replace the cap top and both dampers on this head.

Once replaced, recommend you check the capping position also... may be too high and pressing against the head, compressing the rubber seal too much allowing the captop sponge to contact the head. This can lead to a siphoning effect.

artbot

had this happen to an entire ink set recently. evidently it's not uncommon. although i'd never heard of the phenomena. the printer isn't "pumping" the ink out. there is a siphon effect that is draining your carts. mine was because a changed the protocol for a head soak. the head soak allowed fluid contact from the cart all the way to the drain bottle, thus extending the positive line pressure beyond the damper. i've heard that the sponges can swell in other printers and reach up and touch the head thus extending the siphon beyond the head.

basically look for fluid contact beteen the head and cap.