• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP 300i print quality

Cova

Hi,

I plan to buy a Roland Sp300i
I would like to use it to produce smaller labels, but I'm not satisfied with the quality of printing.
I recently did a test sample, printed at Roland dealer. This example (first picture) was printed in the best possible quality (that diler said) at high quality 3M vinyl. Scaned and zoom in to 200% to see better.
What bothers me is the amount of noise/grain. For example, the blue color in this example is 100% cyan, 0% other colors. But it seems to me as if there is too much noise/dots? Does the Roland SP 300i can make better quality than this?
In the second picture is example of very cheap wall decal printed on no name vinyl. Scaned and zoom just like first picture. Can I get this quality with Roland 300 or I need to buy something other?

Tnx

Rolandsp300.jpg Kinez.jpg

Try these settings...

Use the specific profile GCVP, change your direction to Uni-Direction in the quality. Go to color management and go MAX Impact at High Quality. I do labels all the time. Make sure your black on color adjustment is to MAX black. You should be able to get a decent print out of it. It should take away a lot of the grain that you can barely see it.

Let me know if that works. That's what I use. Keep in mind, if you laminate the labels, the print will also look better. I have no realy idea why but it does. Does anyone know the answer to that?

Joe300i

Hi,

I plan to buy a Roland Sp300i
I would like to use it to produce smaller labels, but I'm not satisfied with the quality of printing.
I recently did a test sample, printed at Roland dealer. This example (first picture) was printed in the best possible quality (that diler said) at high quality 3M vinyl. Scaned and zoom in to 200% to see better.
What bothers me is the amount of noise/grain. For example, the blue color in this example is 100% cyan, 0% other colors. But it seems to me as if there is too much noise/dots? Does the Roland SP 300i can make better quality than this?
In the second picture is example of very cheap wall decal printed on no name vinyl. Scaned and zoom just like first picture. Can I get this quality with Roland 300 or I need to buy something other?

Tnx

attachment.php
attachment.php

Wish I could help, but that's how mine look at well. I think that's just the quality of it. Although if you talk to a Roland rep, they'll say "it's the profile", and give you any excuse they can, but they can't print it any differently, at least from what I've seen. It's funny to hear the excuses about the grainy and dotted images, and some people will say "you can't get perfect photo quality with a wide format inkjet like that. They're mostly for larger prints and big signage". I worked with an Epson GS6000 previously, and it put this thing to shame in terms of print quality.