• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-300V banding issue.

EpicEffex

Hi Everyone, I have a Roland SP-300V that is giving me banding issues. I went ahead and did a calibration and a few head cleanings with no improvement. After running a test print I am getting some over lap on the black, cyan has some drop out and missalignment, magenta has some drop out and a gross missalignment at the bottom where it looks smudged, and the yellow looks perfect. I will attach a picture.

I have done a 24 hr head soak and multiple cleaning cycle with little improvement. I have not done a medium or deep head cleaning since I read in the manual that excessive agressive head cleanings can cause damage to the heads.

I am afraid that the heads might need to be replaced. :covereyes:

Attachments

• 20160807_094859.jpg
    20160807_094859.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 416
  • 20160807_095005.jpg
    20160807_095005.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 192

tnwalkinghorse

Heads

Probably going to be new heads. I am in the same boat with the same printer. Found heads for $700 each, but haven't made the plunge yet, since they are from China. Let me know if you find any other tricks to get them working. Good luck! -Matt

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Unfortunately, judging by the test print it does look like you are going to need new heads. You can try changing the cap tops, dampers and flushing the pump to make sure it is not clogged. If those items don't fix the issue, you can try the desperate things like flushing and back flushing. in my experience that works less than 50% of the time but worth a shot as a last resort. If that all fails, time to get the heads.

EpicEffex

Unfortunately, judging by the test print it does look like you are going to need new heads. You can try changing the cap tops, dampers and flushing the pump to make sure it is not clogged. If those items don't fix the issue, you can try the desperate things like flushing and back flushing. in my experience that works less than 50% of the time but worth a shot as a last resort. If that all fails, time to get the heads.

Thanks for the help. The machine has new capping stations and wipers. I'm not sure about the pump being clogged. I will have to look into that one.

I was thinking that maybe buying one of the cleaning cartridges and doing a power clean or two might help.

Thought's on that strategey? Hoping I can get this resolved without buying new heads.