• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-300V, Coreldraw & CutContour

Nicedeal

Hello from Norway!

I've just bought a new SP-300V, and I'm trying to figure out this cutcontour-stuff with Corel.. I've set up the palette correctly, but when I use the pen outline tool it creates a coloured outline on both sides of the lines in the image. When I import this into VersaWorks, it has alot of unwanted cutlines, as all I want to do is cut the outer-contour of the image.

When using the contour-tool in corel, I can't get VersaWorks to recognise the cutlines.

Hope this makes sence.. :)

Best regards,
Torbjørn

EDIT: I figured it out. Using Effects -> Create boundary works great! :)

Last edited:

SoCalN8V

We don't have the same Roland but we do use Corel and Versaworks. What we were told and it has worked successfully for us, is the following:

1. Create a "hairline outline" for your CutContour line. Don't use any other outline thickness.

2. You say you've set up the color palette correctly, but just to be sure: here are the steps we did:
a. Open Outline Color Dialog
b. Click on "Palettes" tab
c. Select "User's Palettes"
d. Select "Custom Spot Colors"
e. Select any color (we chose a fusia color) and name it exactly: CutContour

3. Now set that hairline to the color you named CutContour.

Is should show up in Versaworks on the "layout" window as a row of marching ants.

Also remember that no cutcontour lines will show up in a jpg - must be a pdf or eps to work.

I hope this helps.