• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-300V Not Printing blue or black

experteez

This machine is only 2 years old and was printing fine up until last night. It still prints the yellow and magenta. Blue or black get nothing? We have tried cleaning via the menu and using the supplied cleaner on it manually? Still nothing Does anyone have any ideas We are in contact with a Service rep in our area just have not gotten a response back yet. Does anyone have anything we can do?

artbot

when you are doing the cleaning is there a normal sized pool of ink left in the cap? when you just get nothing suddenly it can be stuff like... a vacuum tube fell off the bottom of the cap, a badly clogged pump tube to that cap, a kink in the pump tube (which is unlikely unless you were servicing and did the kink yourself).

Mike_Koval

i would start by replacing your cap top. I just had a customer call me a few days ago having the same issue. He replaced the cap and all is well.

It still could be as artbot said...lines to pump, clog, etc.

Worst case scenario it is a head or a blown fuse on the main board.

mtroup

Also, if you need a cheap place to get quality solvent resistant tubing here is where I bought mine from, I use this to repair the lines from the cap to the the pump, from the pump to the waste, etc. Most of the time you can just take apart the pump and replace the lines and you don't have to spend the money on a new pump, at least that is what I do for the old style pump on my SP 300

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=65735&catid=864

frmdstryr

try pulling ink through with a syringe. Make sure the caps are up, then disconnect the hose going to the blue/black cap and pull about 5-10 ml's of ink through. If this doesn't fix it, check the fuse f3 on the mainboard.

seattlesignguy

Start with the cap top. If you run a nozzle check pattern is there anything on the black and blue? Could be a loose cable as well, but most likely you are not getting a good seal to pull ink through the printhead on the capping station... Here is the list of what to go thru and I hope that after the first two you are running and don't need to go any further; cap, pump, then hose dampers, then fuses, cables, printhead, slider assembly then mainboard.