• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP 300V pinch roller error invalid position

cajun312

I have a Roland SP300V, I replaced my encoder strip, went to the service mode and did the linear encoder setup and the calibration. I'm still getting errors that the pinch roller is in invalid position.

Any ideas?

asd

are the pinch rollers placed in the right spot? did you try moving the pinch rollers and see if they work in a different place along the rail?. the pinch rollers are movable and the sensor almost never fails.

FrankW

Most of the time this problem appears because of a damaged flat cable to the tool carriage. The sensor works fine, but the signal won't arrive to the board. Regularly this starts with problems from time to time, with a increasing frequency, until it fails completely.

cajun312

I should have thught of that, I replaced the flat cable before for this same issue. Sucks to get old and you don't remember stuff like this. Will order a replacement in the morning. Now I have to replace the deck belt on my mower, it's a pain in the butt, especially when it's so damn hot outside.

Goatshaver

It's the cut carriage cable. I just did this on my SP-540V not an error since. Can't be a whole lot different on the 300 I'd imagine.