Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland SP 300V pinch roller error invalid position

Discussion in 'Roland' started by cajun312, Jul 6, 2019.

1. cajun312

cajun312 Active Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Louisiana
    I have a Roland SP300V, I replaced my encoder strip, went to the service mode and did the linear encoder setup and the calibration. I'm still getting errors that the pinch roller is in invalid position.

Any ideas?

Tags:
  2. asd

asd Member

Aug 13, 2007
    colorado
    are the pinch rollers placed in the right spot? did you try moving the pinch rollers and see if they work in a different place along the rail?. the pinch rollers are movable and the sensor almost never fails.

3. cajun312

cajun312 Active Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Louisiana
    Pinch rollers in the correct place, I've tried moving them to different positions.

4. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    Most of the time this problem appears because of a damaged flat cable to the tool carriage. The sensor works fine, but the signal won't arrive to the board. Regularly this starts with problems from time to time, with a increasing frequency, until it fails completely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. cajun312

cajun312 Active Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Louisiana
    I should have thught of that, I replaced the flat cable before for this same issue. Sucks to get old and you don't remember stuff like this. Will order a replacement in the morning. Now I have to replace the deck belt on my mower, it's a pain in the butt, especially when it's so damn hot outside.

6. Goatshaver

Goatshaver Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Maine
    It's the cut carriage cable. I just did this on my SP-540V not an error since. Can't be a whole lot different on the 300 I'd imagine.