• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-300V Printing Orange Instead of Yellow

GRIMREAPER

Well long story short, my computer took a dump so I got a replacement. After installing all software I noticed that the yellow is now printing orangish. How can I correct this? Unit is a Roland SP-300V and running of versa works 2.00. Any info I left out, please let me know. Thanks. in advance.

Sign Works

Yeah they come out orangish on the nozzle checks as well.

Sounds like you have magenta ink backed up into the yellow damper. Simply print a 100% yellow square until it is printing solid yellow, artwork (square) needs to be CMYK. It usually dosen't take all that long and don't forget to select "Preserve Primary Colors" in the RIP so that it prints using just the yellow.

GRIMREAPER

Going to try the yellow square tomorrow thanks. Replaced caps but yellow still has some magenta tone to it and black showing some stripes.

seesaw signs

Check that the drain lines from the dampers to the pump and from the pump to the drain bottle are clear. That can cause ink to back up the lines.
Cheers,
neil.