• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Sp-300v

Austin97

Hi guys I have a Roland in SP-300V. I've been up constantly reading forms and stuff. I'm having trouble when I print it's almost like there's a slight banding with lines running through my black and other colors. I had a service technician come out and we did a print test and all that stuff and he said when we did the print test that I needed a new print head but I can wait it really won't affect anything and that I can still sell my decals. But it bothers me and I don't think anyone will buy them. When I print them there's like a slight banding through all the colors. I've tried to diagnose this problem I'm using a vectorize file I'm using a glossy media so I'm using a GCVP media profile with high quality. But nothing seems to be working. Would anyone know why? The prints should come out clear and crisp. But I just can't wrap my head around this.
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2549.JPG
    IMG_2549.JPG
    1,002.5 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_2548.JPG
    IMG_2548.JPG
    867 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Hey Austin97,

The banding you see could be caused by the bi-directional alignment being out of position, nozzle deflection, lower print resolution selected (in the RIP), wrong media profile selected, printer heaters being too high or low for the material being used, etc. There are a variety factors that can cause this banding issue. Start by printing in uni-directional mode, select the high quality print mode in the RIP and lower the printer heaters to 40 degrees C. This may help, but if not, you may consider submitting an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn