Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland SP-300V

Discussion in 'Roland' started by squigglybumwash, Jul 11, 2012.

1. squigglybumwash

squigglybumwash New Member

Jul 11, 2012
    This issue is intermittent: Printer display shows "NOW HEATING" instead of directly printing job. "Pause" must be pressed before "NOW PROCESSING" appears and printer gets on with the job.

Heater and dryer settings are not changed, although the heater temperature reads considerably lower than temperature set at, it never seems to heat up to proper temperature.

Any thoughts?

Tags:
  2. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    The heaters cool off inbetween prints... are you saying it doesn't automatically start printing when the heater gets up to temp? Or that it doesn't ever get up to temp?

3. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Probably being overridden from your software...
    Heat settings can be set from the printer or from your software. Pick one way and stick w/ it.

4. romichoux

romichoux Member

Feb 13, 2012
    I think Mike Paul is right. sometime Is deu to the Queue A or B parameters.

5. scuba_steve2699

scuba_steve2699 Member

Dec 11, 2006
    I agree with Mike - you have the heater controls in the software set to default media settings. It will override the machine settings. Not a bad way to work but I think that is the issue here.

6. squigglybumwash

squigglybumwash New Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Roland Heater cont'd....

Heater Controls are and have always been set to "Use Printer Settings". Printer heater set @ 42, actual reading temp 30-31, never comes up to set temp. Possibly its a thermostat issue? Not sure how the hardware regulates temp.

Like I mentioned, this is a somewhat intermittent issue. Half the time it's not a problem, but when you're running 95 copies of something and two printers at the same time, it gets frustrating.

Thanks for the quick input!