• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-540 Carriage Seperation Becoming Frequent

Capital Signs

The carriages of my SP-540 have been seperating even more frequently. Today it happened 2 times! What the heck! My roland is about 10 months old, and also wanted to know if anyone thinks I should get the extended warranty. I am seriously thinking of selling this and getting me a bigger and badder one! :) ANyways, thanks for your help. I have already cleaned the ribbon cable where it reads... Still happening. Should it be replaced? Weird...

shanemcn

My machine is a month OUT of warranty, and I've just started to have the same problem. The cutting head seams to be running unevenly, which is making it vibrate a little, so I think it's this that is causing mine to come apart. My quick fix was to use cable-ties to hold the two parts together: Crude but effective, at least until I can get an engineer out to fix it...

Capital Signs

Yes, it is the same printer. What was happening is that the magenta had some overspray, or somehow the magenta was getting into the encoder READER. So we had to get some of the solvent cleaner and clean that lazer read, and BOOM! FIXED. No physical problem. Just some ink got in there after 1 year of use. I'm sure since they spray down somehow something has to go somewhere, and it just happened to go there.

P.S.

I am now taking 11.5K for the printer!