Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland SP 540 Fan Junction Board - part #876705040

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Josh Kuper, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Josh Kuper

Josh Kuper New Member

Apr 16, 2018
    greer, sc
    Anyone know where this part is located on the printer

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    It's located in the red circle in my image labeled #20. It looks like a very small board that is attached to the Y bar.

Attached Files:

3. Josh Kuper

Josh Kuper New Member

Apr 16, 2018
    greer, sc
    It that the part that runs the fan, it stopped working and the vinyl won't stay flat

4. Josh Kuper

Josh Kuper New Member

Apr 16, 2018
    greer, sc
    Thanks for the image, that helps allot

5. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Unfortunately I am super unfamiliar with that particular part on this machine. If I had to guess that board looks like a junction board and probably doesn't actually do anything other than extend the cable to where ever it needs to go. On most machines I work on the fans are connected to either the main board or some sort of heater board either through some sort of junction board or just a long cable. If all the fans stopped working at the same time I would say it has to be some sort of board issue. If only 1 stopped i would suspect the fan itself. Unfortunately I have never had to repair that so I am not the best source. Hopefully someone can point you in the right direction.

6. Josh Kuper

Josh Kuper New Member

Apr 16, 2018
    greer, sc
    Ok, thanks, it's a start. I can't find anything about the fans on the web