Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland SP-540 V printing ink dots

Discussion in 'Roland' started by hakimeesigns, Oct 9, 2009.

1. hakimeesigns

hakimeesigns New Member

Jun 16, 2009
    We have a Roland SP-540.

Recently it has been spraying dots on any and all media. I am thinking it is time for a wiper replace, but correct me I am wrong, and also if anyone could please direct me on how to do a wiper replace.

Tags:
  2. Pacific Coast Sign

Pacific Coast Sign Active Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Check your heads with a flashlight, look for hairs, dried ink, or banner strings hanging from the heads. Do a very good head cleaning using the swabs, change the wipers, clean wiper scraper, and do a close look at the caps for hairs, etc... Or, you may have had a bad head crash and scratched your head(s).

3. Pacific Coast Sign

Jun 19, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Oops! Wiper replacement: turn front power off...then hold the Cleaning button + Power - scroll down to wiper replace - the wipers will come out for easy replacement - simply use tweezers to remove the old wipers and exchange with new.

4. hakimeesigns

hakimeesigns New Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I have done a thorough cleanup, and have yet to check how it prints, if it doesn't print fine then maybe will try a wiper replace.

Appreciate the help. Alot.

5. Pacific Coast Sign

Jun 19, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Swabs and cleaning solution is your best friend here... clean all the parts listed and you should have great looking prints. Cheers!