• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-540i or VP-540

designtcd

Hi I've been thinking for a long time and I don't know what to do. I have a $ 5,000 Roland SP-540i on offer, the guy who worked on it didn't use it much and the heads are fine. and I have a Roland VP-540 for $ 3000 which has ok heads, I don't know how old the machine is. What are your experiences, I don't have much work to do now that I need a fast machine. What can you recommend me

Dallas225

These two machines are very old in terms of technology.. we had a vp540 years ago, it was crazy slow compared to anything now.. for your price range I would look at a used 300 series latex or even a Hp L110

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
They are very similar machines, the SP will print slower. Personally I would go for the printer that prints clean now and if they are similar, go with the lower cost

The VP-540 is a good printer, even if it's older. Great starter machine.

truckgraphics

I'm familiar with the SP and VS, but not the VP.

The SP prints well, but is fairly slow and in our experience, had some occasional issues with the ribbon and measurement strip. It was a good machine in its day, but today would be more hassle than it's worth. In my opinion.

No experience with the VP.

The VS prints much faster and is a much more robust machine. If you are going to buy a used machine, I'd look at one.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy the latest model Roland, based on our experience with the VS. The SP, not so much.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The main difference between the two is the VP has 4, DX4 heads and the SP has 2, DX4 heads. The VP is faster for that reason. Otherwise, they are basically the same machine,