• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-540V and almost entire print shop

gowingsgo

Hello again! I am posting this in the Roland section because what I am mainly focused on here is the SP-540V out of all the equipment this person has for sale.

As you may already know, I was previously looking into rebuilding a VP-540 and had asked what everyone thought about price and feasibility of getting it going again. Now that the VP-540 is a "no go", I have come across someone who is looking to sell their entire operation. The equipment included is:

Roland SP-540V
Ding Tech 60" laminator
15 foot work table
10 rolls of vinyl and banner material
12 ink cartridges
Computer with software

Asking price for all, $10,000.

So basically, I just want to bounce off these numbers and the equipment before jumping in. I know that the printer itself is probably worth around $8,000 if the heads are good and everything works on it... right?

Thanks in advance for all your help and advice!

jfiscus

Rap Master
Hello again! I am posting this in the Roland section because what I am mainly focused on here is the SP-540V out of all the equipment this person has for sale.

As you may already know, I was previously looking into rebuilding a VP-540 and had asked what everyone thought about price and feasibility of getting it going again. Now that the VP-540 is a "no go", I have come across someone who is looking to sell their entire operation. The equipment included is:

Roland SP-540V
Ding Tech 60" laminator
15 foot work table
10 rolls of vinyl and banner material
12 ink cartridges
Computer with software

Asking price for all, $10,000.

So basically, I just want to bounce off these numbers and the equipment before jumping in. I know that the printer itself is probably worth around $8,000 if the heads are good and everything works on it... right?

Thanks in advance for all your help and advice!

I know of someone up around here (Cincinnati Ohio area) that is also looking to sell a SP540v for less than that. If the drive aint too far I can put ya in touch, just shoot me a PM.

gowingsgo

I know of someone up around here (Cincinnati Ohio area) that is also looking to sell a SP540v for less than that. If the drive aint too far I can put ya in touch, just shoot me a PM.

While a little on the far side, Cincinnati is still doable. I'll send a PM.

On another note (I hope I'm not hijacking my own thread), what do you think a fair price for a Roland SP-540v with 45 hours on it is worth? (it's not the same machine that I posted above)

Thanks!

rjssigns

While a little on the far side, Cincinnati is still doable. I'll send a PM.

On another note (I hope I'm not hijacking my own thread), what do you think a fair price for a Roland SP-540v with 45 hours on it is worth? (it's not the same machine that I posted above)

Thanks!

Maybe check ebay? Only look at completed auctions/sales. Askin' is different than gettin'.

player

The SP 540V sell up here for between $8,500 and $12,500.

A dealer recently said mine would be worth at least $6,000 on a trade in. They would have to warranty it and mark it up from there.